We have a fun opportunity for you to create an informal design to be used on t-shirts and other materials for the Department of Plant Science & Landscape Architecture! Flex your skills and submit a design for the chance to win the top prize of $250!
Please read the contest rules below and follow the link at the bottom of this page to submit your design.
Official Rules and Regulations:
The contest is open to University of Maryland students currently (Fall 2022) registered and enrolled under a major, minor, or graduate program in the Department of Plant Science & Landscape Architecture.
Create an informal design to be used on t-shirts for the department representing the values of Plant Science, Agricultural Science & Technology, and Landscape Architecture. Fill out the Contest Entry Form with the required information.
Limit: One entry per person.
All designs are due Monday, January 9, 2023.
- Must be a student currently registered in a major or minor in the Department of Plant Science & Landscape Architecture.
- Must be enrolled in classes during the Fall semester of 2022.
- Must submit a vector file (.ai, .eps, etc.).
- Must only include the acronym (PSLA) in the design (do not use the full, formal department name).
- Must include plant and architectural design elements in the design.
- Encouraged: Follow Maryland Brand rules in regards to colors and typography.
All designs will be judged by the PSLA Design Judging Committee. Designs will be judged for their content, creativity, and appearance.
PSLA LOGO CONTEST COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Dr. Christopher Ellis – LARC Director
- Dr. Jianhua Zhu – PLSC Director
- Dr. Melissa Leiden Welsh – AGST Director
- Diana Cortez – PSLA Advisor, Instructional Programs
- Aaliyah Flores – Administrative Assistant, Instructional Programs
- Marcina Garner – PSLA Executive Assistant
An announcement of the winner will be made here on the PSLA Design Contest page. An email will also be sent to the winner with the address provided in the submission.
The winner will be announced January, 2023.
Prize money will be awarded in January, 2023.
By entering, each contestant releases and discharges the University of Maryland Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”).
- All decisions in regards to the winner are the sole right of the PSLA Logo Contest Committee and are considered to be final. By accepting the prize the winner understands their name will be released to the general public and that their design will be posted online and used by Plant Science and Landscape Architecture and the College of Agricultural and Natural Resources. By submitting a design, you grant UMD a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly and otherwise use, and authorize others to use your design for any educational purpose throughout the university and in any media.
- PSLA is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility.
- PSLA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entries it believes violate these rules.
- PSLA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any business or person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the website or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest.
- PSLA further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with submitting your design, please contact Aaliyah Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.