Admission Requirements and instructions for online application
Admission requirements for PLSC applicants
- A baccalaureate from an accredited college or university in the United States or the equivalent in a foreign country.
- A minimum B average (3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale) for all undergraduate courses (at least 16 credit hours of prior course work in science and mathematics that includes calculus, physics, organic chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, plant science, ecology and genetics or statistics).
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test: a combined score of 300 on the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning portions is desirable.
- TOEFL (minimum 100) or IELTS (minimum 7.0) (for international applicants only).
Instructions for online application of PLSC program
- General description about the PLSC program can be found here: http://apps.gradschool.umd.edu/catalog/programs/plsc.htm
- Online application system
- All applicants must complete an online graduate application through the Hobsons ApplyYourself Graduate Admissions System: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=umdgrad
- Application deadlines for PLSC program can be found here: http://blog.umd.edu/admissionsrequirements/agriculturenatural-resources/plant-science/
- Required documentsfor PLSC program
- Statement of Purpose (< 500 words)
- Description of Research/Work Experience (1,000-1,500 words)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- TOEFL/IELTS (international graduate students)
- Faculty of Interest & Area of Interest (applicants without this information will be delayed for evaluation)
- (optional) Publications/Presentations